Thursday, March 12, 2009

Life...Over the time!

12-Mar-09

Everything in life is time bound. Is it not? Perhaps! Every one of you will want to add some more hours to our existing 24 hours day. But even then… will it be enough? I do not think so. The reason for me to write this post is very simple (do not think, I just had time to write it) that I am not liking the expressions of ‘no time’.

I have everything else but for time! Have you heard of people saying this? So why is time required then? Anyway! It’s just that ‘time’ has taken our lives for a free ride. Today evening I got down from the bus and was walking home; there comes this little guy asking for time. He stays near my house. He asked “Excuse me! Can I know the time please?” and I said “its 7:00 pm sharp”. The guy started running and out of curiosity I asked him “why are you running?” he stopped and he reaction was “Why were you running in the morning? I said “that’s because i was getting late and I had to catch my 7.15 Volvo”. He just smiled at me and said “it’s getting late for my tuitions now” and ran away.

Early from the bed till you go back to sleep, you operate over the time. I need to catch the bus to office at 7.15 for that I need to get up early and forcefully get to the bus stop. Reach office ‘late’ everyday as the bus will never be ‘on time’ or there would be a traffic jam and the bus will be stuck in the jam for a ‘long time’. Responses to our colleagues will be like “give me some time I shall revert back to you”; there will be a ‘deadline’ of 24 hours for any process and they call it as ‘turnaround time’. Without peacefully having lunch, we will keep saying I have very ‘less time’ today to complete my work. By the time we realize if we missed anything for today, it will be time to catch the bus again; 8 hours working time is over for the day. Still! There will be calls scheduled in the evening as we work for ‘US time’ (as if we have all the time in the world) and we try fixing the same. It’s like, “can we have the call at 10 AM EST?” oh no! by the time I reach home, it will be 10 AM EST. Catch the bus, come home and without even talking to anyone at home, you will get into a call and end up spending few more hours. Sometimes end up waiting for the calls without doing a thing! After which have dinner (again at abnormal time) and go to bed. Before sleeping you will think, oh boy! Never realized how the time passed today; tough long day! End of the day! You would have missed a lot of good things like talking to parents, friends, reading books, writing, things that you really like! I mean those things you REALLY LIKE!

The reason for missing things you like is because “you did not have enough time”. Back again to the basic equation of “over the time”! It is very silly that for a lot of questions we give the same answer. Questions like why haven’t you shaved today? Why didn’t you cut your nails? Why are you late? You were supposed to call me yesterday but why didn’t you? Why did not you complete this? The answer is the same. There are many questions like this. Sometimes I get warnings from my friends like “You were supposed to do this for me yesterday” and they become angry on me for which the only answer I can give is…

Everything around us is time bound. Every work we do is time bound. Perhaps! The reason we are under such a traumatic recession is because we have done so much to save time and now we do not have enough work to do. May be time management is the cause for this recession. If everything was delayed, people would’ve stayed at their job without losing it! (my analysis lol do not quote this anywhere)

I do not know who invented time? Time was not invented, at least not in the conventional sense. In fact, time does not exist at all, not in any way. Time is merely a convention of thought and conversation. If time actually existed, it could be measured and quantified by something that cannot be suspended.

I read the following in some article and found interesting to quote here: “The world is full of silliness created for the convenience of communication and enterprise. The moment you need something to be real, you risk falling into the illusion. The illusion serves a convenient purpose. It need not be believed in though.”

That is how I believe we have fallen flat for time! time! And time again.

I just feel like not wearing my watch (however I have mobiles which show time and laptop which shows time) these days. I do not want to give reason as I do not have ‘time’. Do you think it is possible?

Well at least I will take a break for few days and spend all the hours without looking at the clock and fixing up the time for any activity. Yeyeye! what an idea sirji?

Well… its ‘time’ again for me to sleep as I need to get up early! :(

4 comments:

BABA said...

Really Good one!!!

T S said...

Hare... sarjee. How did you get this long time to write a blog...??

Also wondering how I got time to read your lengthy blog:)

Raghu said...

Itz really cool if we have 'time' to read.

New angel to recession. Oh! Good thinking.

Sudhi said...

Very nice article.

But I postponed this reading till weekend since I was busy in managing "Time" during weekdays!!!