Thursday, December 31, 2009

Point Return – It’s New again

Well, I am not writing about the Point Return initiative by D.V Sridharan. I am just using his initiatives name for my blog post with due respects. What I am trying to say is that the point is to return to Jan 1st every year. Today being the last day of the great year 2009, my head is having a tailspin over the kind of activities I had done in the past one year. For me, new-year does not mean anything except that it gives me a reason to try something new. And of course, there will be a lot of learning for me as I pass the puzzles of times that I encounter in the 365 days of one more year’s life time. Surprisingly, year 2009 gave me some of the best times ever. I could get to do a lot of new things, I could work on my passion for certain things that wanted to pursue. Looks like in spite of many mistakes i have committed, I have lived the phrase of ‘being passionate’ this year.
Now the most sensitive part of life is my own life and my world. That everyone calls it personal. Even I do. There were a lot of break downs this year and also a lot of exciting times spent. As I said I could work on many things that I can call it as my passion. To name them, the list goes like this: time spent on Photography, time spent on attending music concerts and plays, time spent on adventure activities, time spent on public functions, more number of books bought, read and wrote a few reviews, quite a bit of poetry, more time spent on writing, time spent on meeting new people, joining guitar classes, time spent on social networking, tweeting and information sharing and spending time with my close friends and making new friends. So I have made use of my weekends very effectively. Not to forget, I have had many breakdowns and failures in the above list as well. One of them is I haven’t spent enough time with my parents and my little sister. One good time spent was when cousin gang went on a Bannerghatta trip. I was extensively travelling and could not concentrate on that. I regret to admit that. But I shall look forward to spend a good time with them the coming year.
I have had some lucky breaks in spite of the downturn with respect to my career. I have moved on to a new promising and challenging role. Oracle is keeping me busy enough during the weekdays and I am trying hard to meet the expectations of my seniors. Of course, I do not know how far they are satisfied with my performance. So, my stint at office is more of learning and spending my time more on the kind of activities that were totally new to me. There were a lot of break downs as I am still a beginner with respect to some of the critical business aspects. But I am lucky enough having survived without the pink slip thus far.
Now that I have three separate lanes in my life, one being the career which I already blah’d it out, the other two lanes are my personal life (no comments) and my social commitment - my NGO. Like every year, there were more failures than successes this year as well. There were more interactions with respect our project with many people, many organizations and many private sector companies. Some of them promised us good, some of them promised us to promise good, some of them failed to keep up their promise and some of them totally forgot what they promised us. Accepting this challenge, we are moving on and on. So every year will be the same as there is no end for challenges. As Narasim says, for every two steps of going forward, we have been going a step backward. But we gain one step at least and will keep trying our luck given the commitment and certain hope we have in our proposal.
Well, now that I have shared about all the three dimensions of my life, now I would like to list down the activities that I did in the past one year. This gives me a details on what I did most and how much did I spend? That led to my zero savings life. I may miss some of the activities in the list if I do not remember or if it is not very interesting.
Jan 5, 2009
Visit to Toyota Technical Training Institute, Bidadi to learn about their training programs.
Jan 10, 2009
Visit to Nettur Technical Training Foundation, Electronic City to learn about their training programs.
Feb 15, 2009
We filed our project proposal for Sankalp Awards. Our proposal did not get shortlisted.
Feb 22, 2009
After a long time, I delivered my promise to my dad by visiting my granny in a village called Budili, Hindupur district of AP.
March 5, 2009
My friend Sup got married. Attended his wedding party.
March 21, 2009
Visit to VGKK at BR Hills. This was both for the study and for the trek
April 5, 2009
Bought the Canon Sx10 camera and started my Photography times
April 22, 2009
Uploaded the Paradise Lost- A short documentary on Kandavara on web
April 23, 2009
I voted for NOBODY
April 30, 2009 - May 18, 2009
Mission Sarpass - We climbed up the Sarpass peak successfully during the YHAI National Himalayan Expedition
May 31, 2009
Participated in the Sun feast Run - 5km Maja run
June 6, 2009
Participated in the Silicon India Start-up event at Nimhans convention centre
June 12, 2009
Visited Pondicherry for 2 days to attend my friend's wedding
July 2, 2009
Attended the SHSF book release function at Royal Orchid and met with Rashmi Bansal the author of the book
July 26, 2009
Namitha's farewell at office
July 30, 2009
Got inspired by the book IIM to Ganjdundwara that inspired me to take up a big project
Aug 1, 2009
Friendship day moon light trek to Bilkal Rangaswamy betta
Aug 8, 2009
Moonlight trek to Savanadurga hillock
Aug 14,2009
Visited the Lalbagh flower show
Aug 15, 2009
Meruthi Parvatha trek with a thrilling story to end
Aug 23, 2009
Published 'My story with Ganesha' on my blog
Aug 30, 2009
Fun drive to Channapattana
Sep 5, 2009
Paid my tribute to all my teachers while travelling to Pune
Sep 6, 2009
Trek to Singad peak near Pune with Hari
Sep 9, 2009
Interesting and a moving meeting with a Sardarji in Pune
Sep 12, 2009
Trek and camping at Lohagad peak with Hari
Sep 18, 2009
My first (only one) photo feature published on Citizen Matters
Sep 18, 2009
Attended BIAF performances at Chowdaiah memorial hall. Photos published on Citizen Matters on 21st Sep
Sep 21, 2009
Attended Raghu Dixit's concert at Yuva Dussera in Mysore
Sep 27, 2009
Bannerghatta visit with cousins
Oct 9, 2009
Attended the Jazz concert by Germans at Chowdaiah memorial hall
Oct 11, 2009
Participated in the Cyclothon and had a thrilling experience
Oct 21, 2009
I got my guitar
Oct 24, 2009
Eye opening meeting and presentation at Rotary Club, Bengaluru
Oct 24, 2009
Participated in the Nike Run
Oct 29, 2009
State level YHAI Island expedition for 3 days
Nov 10, 2009
Bengaluru Raining photographs published on Citizen Matters
Nov 10, 2009
My first guitar class at Kaladhar music school
Nov 11, 2009
Adventurous visit to attend Doc’s wedding reception
Nov 15, 2009
Moving discussion with a Doctor who promised to serve the needy and a social entrepreneur who is doing brilliant work
Nov 20, 2009
Described about Beautiful Bengaluru
Nov 21, 2009
Visit to Unnati vocational training centre campus
Nov 26, 2009
4 days visit to Hampi, Badami, Aihole, Pattadkal and Tangadgi
Dec 5, 2009
Trek to Karighatta and Himavad Gopalaswamy Betta
Dec 13, 2009
Attended Raghu Dixit’s concert at Gnanajyothi audi
Dec 19, 2009
Attended the Carnatic vocal concert by Dr. Balamuralikrishna
Dec 19, 2009
Dec 25, 2009
Trip to Dandeli and experience at Milind's home stay
Wow! The list looks huge to me. Although I have not included many of my good friends’ weddings because there were many weddings this year and I attended only a few.
Times! Passion! Friends! Music! Adventure! Reading! Writing! Memories…Overwhelmed!
So, I am left with only one day. Today!
And again the point is to return to January 1st and a new year of 2010. I am looking forward for the best time as I got during this year and enough courage to face the challenges that will come along my way.
I wish you and your family a wonderful and prosperous ‘New Year 2010’!
Srik
PS: This is my 50th post in this year :)

11 comments:

Vaishnavi said...

It's intriguing to read about another person's life. And here you have zoomed in on one year of your life. This post only makes me want to reflect on the things that I have done in the past year. I generally don't think New Year is such a big deal. After all, it's just the beginning of another day and many more such days. But I should probably look at it in a way of doing things that I probably did not do previously or vice versa.

Your chronology table only made me smile :-)
I have no idea what I did when in the past year and here you have it all down to the smallest detail!

Here's wishing you and your family the very best in all the coming years and not just the next one! Hope all your wishes are fulfilled (personal, professional, everything).

Hope to see more amazing photographs taken by you and hear a couple of tunes on your guitar!

Now I'm going to get back to my reflections ;-)Unfortunately, I really doubt it if I'll get out a table like yours!

sajana said...

Congrats Sri on completing your 50th blog and for having a wonderful 2009!

I am very much inspired by your activities done in 2009 and the way you have expressed everything to all of us through your blog...Kuddos for that..

Keep reading..keep travelling...keep writing...

All the Best for the new year 2010..hope you have a better and super exciting year ahead...

Wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR..

Cheers,
Sajana

Raghu said...

Congrats on your 50th post!

It is very nice to share your experience. It looks really inspiring and interesting.

Yes it is true that we often fail in our attempts. But it is always good to learn from the failures. Hope you would have learnt many lessons out this.

Keep it up!

Wish the new year gives you lot of strength, energy and time to continue your existing activities and develop new activities of your interest.

Cheers,
Raghu

Samparka said...

Happy new year buddy :) ... wish you all the success for the new year

hope you add more items to the list in the coming year

Sudhi said...

Congrats for completing half century in your 2009 blogs game!

It shows that you have done a lot of activities in the Year 2009, especially reading, writing and travelling. I think you will continue these activities in the year 2010 also.

Wish you and your family a very happy new year!!!

BABA said...

Congratulations Sri on ur 50th post...And happy New Year 2010...whenever i read ur blog even i feel like writing one...however, i feel like i should improve my grammar 1st...so may be after few more days i will write...BTW i enjoy reading ur blogs..so keep posting more blogs with more info, make sure u say on Dec 31st 2010, that this is my 100th blog:)

shravana said...

Dear Srikanth,
It is quite interesting to read your blog and that to the long list of activities in this year.
keep going and may god bless you with more strength and vigour to
achieve many more desires in 2010.


Nagaraj Unc

Manjunath Byadigere said...

Hi Srik,

I think this is the most inspiring story you have ever written or reviewed.

Nice to see you doing all these activities and still you are hungry for more.Wonderful.Great that you have also kept these activities documented.

Needless to say that your writing has improved in heaps and bounds and I'm sure your confidence has improved as well.

All the best for the year 2010...hope you will improve upon the previous year, as I find there is always a chance for improvement.Nobody is perfect, yet trying to be perfect is what is called life.

Doc Manjunath

sindhu said...

congrats!!!

Srik said...

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. Hope it continues and i learn from you all as always.

Hari said...

Congrats Man...I enjoyed reading each one of it....
The listing of activities is well thought of.
Your energy is amazing .....Hoping to see my name included in much more of your activities in your next year listing :)

Cheers to you !!!!