Tuesday, September 18, 2012

the unconscious

Excerpt from the book Subliminal by Leonard Mlodinow

We all make personal, financial, and business decisions, confident that we have properly weighed all the important factors and acted accordingly - and that we know how we came to those decisions. But we are aware of only our conscious influences, and so have only partial information. As a result, our view of ourselves and our motivations, and of society, is like a jigsaw puzzle with most of the pieces missing. We fill in blanks and make guesses, but the truth about us is far more complex and subtle than that which can be understood as the straightforward calculation of conscious and rational minds. 

~~
Well, what I perceive, experience, the judgments I make and my actions are (to a certain extent) influenced by factors I'm not aware of. What I know is always limited.

and the unconscious is wonderful!

Srik

No comments: